Dr Mark Treherne: Consultant
Mark has been actively involved in the pharmaceutical industry for over 25 years. Mark has now helped to raise more than £100 million for numerous pharmaceutical businesses around the world and was formerly Chairman of ERBI Ltd (now One Nucleus), a not-for-profit organisation that represents the biotechnology companies based around Cambridge, UK.
- Mark initially trained as a neuropharmacologist at Cambridge University and previously led the neurodegeneration research group at Pfizer's main European research facility at Sandwich, UK, until 1997.
- He then a co-founded and was Chief Executive of Cambridge Drug Discovery Limited (CDD), leading the acquisition of CDD for £28 million by AiM-listed BioFocus plc. He then became a Commercial Director of BioFocus, driving significant growth of its profitable services business that reached a valuation of £100 million on AiM. BioFocus is now the service division of Galapagos NV.
- Since leaving his full-time position at BioFocus plc in February 2002 to remain on the Board as a non-executive director, Mark has now served on the Boards of over ten private and public biopharmaceutical companies.
- From 2002 to 2012 Mark served as CEO of Senexis Ltd, a Manchester University spin-out that has discovered novel disease-modifying drugs for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
- He is currently on the Boards of Domain Therapeutics SA, Cyclofluidic Ltd and Bioceros BV.
- He has taken new chemical entities and biological products from inception, through discovery and on into clinical development, and is very interested in using biomarkers as surrogate end points and using population genetics to select patient sub-groups to facilitate clinical trials.