Dr Paul Rodgers: Founder & Managing Director
Paul RodgersPaul is an entrepreneur with over thirty five years' experience in the life science industry. He leads Ithaka's work in biomarkers and personalised medicine, and regenerative medicine.
• Paul has experience in the healthcare (human and veterinary), agriculture and food sectors of biotechnology and in a range of biomedical businesses.• He has co-founded thirteen biotechnology companies and raised significant finance for these from a broad spectrum of sources, including investment funds, grants and corporate deals.
• He has extensive experience in corporate and R&D management for a range of technology businesses, strategic business development, and licensing and protection of intellectual property. He has led the negotiation of significant corporate deals in the pharmaceutical, diagnostics, biosensor and agriculture sectors.
• Paul has worked with a broad range of academic institutions to assist in the exploitation of their intellectual property in the pharmaceuticals, sensors, agricultural, food and fine chemicals sectors of biotechnology.
• He has conducted technical and commercial due diligence on behalf of a range of investors, which has included the appraisal of technology as well as conducting market assessments and research.
• Paul is a Founder and Executive Chairman of Mironid Ltd, a drug discovery company using targeted therapeutic innovation to improve health and quality of life.
• He is Founder and non-executive director of CYP Design Ltd (2012 to date), a spin-out company from De Montfort University developing proprietary technology for the expression of human recombinant Cytochrome P450 enzymes (CYPs) for use in screening of drug candidates.
• He is also a non-executive director of Paramata Ltd, a Cambridge University spin-out developing remote sensing technology.
• Other companies that Paul has co-founded and served as a Board Director for include Ampika (natural products), Axis Genetics (human and veterinary vaccines), Axordia (regenerative medicine), Asterion (therapeutic proteins), Enterprise Medical Ltd (an innovation company set up by an NHS Trust), Pestax (agricultural biotech), ProteinLogic (biomarkers), Psynova Neurotech (biomarkers), Smart Holograms (biosensors), Sterile Scopes Ltd (endoscope decontamination services) and Ziva Bioscience (reproductive healthcare).