Paula Wittels MA MSc : Consultant
Medical devices and diagnostics
An experienced marketing and business director with a track record in developing and implementing commercial strategies, Paula is also Ithaka's lead in medical devices and diagnostics.
- Paula has a proven record in growing sales and profit, conducting technology and commercial assessments, marketing planning and successful product launch.
- She has particular expertise in life science diagnostics and significant expertise in medical technologies in orthopaedics, cardiovascular and wound care.
- She has worked with a wide range of companies including mentoring new business start-ups, commercialising novel technologies , including novel biomaterials and protein biomarker immunoassays, and conducting extensive due diligence on behalf of investors.
- She has held senior roles with Amersham International, Pfizer Hospital Products and Quintiles Consulting, leading the development and marketing of novel diagnostics and medical devices.
- As part of Ithaka's project for e2V to develop a strategy for the company's biosensor subsidiary, Paula worked with the client to identify the biomarker assay that would be best suited to showcase their technology.
- Similarly for Stratophase, Paula worked with the company to explore opportunities in the clinical diagnostics arena, matching the technology's strengths to market requirements.
- For De Montfort University Paula worked on the development of a commercialisation plan for a novel artificial pancreas device that would allow the technology to be re-engineered, validated in animal studies and tested in patients.
- Paula conducted an extensive market assessment report for a novel device to detect patients at risk of stroke. This project was carried out for a university spin-out and included interviews with a wide range of potential stakeholders including cardiologists and GPs.