Biomarkers and Personalised Medicine
Client: University of Cambridge/ Psynova Neurotech with a research programme in biomarkers for neuropsychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
- Ithaka appointed by the Cambridge University Proof of Concept Fund to work with scientific founder Dr Sabine Bahn to develop a business plan.
- Paul Rodgers appointed as Executive Chairman to lead the commercial and fund raising activities.
Paul has played a significant role in nurturing the Company and in achieving:
- Over £8M of funding secured from investors, a corporate partner and grants from the Innovative Medicines Initiative and the EU Framework 7 programme;
- A corporate deal with Rules-Based Medicine Inc. in 2008 which positioned Psynova to: Launch its first product, VeriPsych™, a diagnostic test for schizophrenia, in USA in 2010;
- Implementation of a biomarker commercialisation strategy that resulted in an exit for the founders through a trade sale to Myriad Genetics Inc. in 2011;
- A collaboration with a Hoffman-La Roche to develop a companion diagnostic for a novel schizophrenia drug.
Client: Exploristics Ltd, an emerging biostatistics services company specialising in the simulation, planning and analysis of clinical trials, particularly those involving the use of biomarkers
- The founder appointed Bill Primrose and Paul Rodgers of Ithaka to assist and mentor him in the development of the business, to identify new commercial opportunities, and support fund-raising efforts to secure investment to create and market innovative new software products.
- New clients identified and contracts secured.
- A fully-costed business plan generated and distributed to Ithaka's investor contacts.
- Meetings with potential investors conducted.